CTO/Head of Engineering – New York, NY
Work for a venture backed, fast growing SaaS tech-startup with tremendous upside. Featured in Fast Company, Forbes, PitchBook and Venture Beat.
We are a venture backed, mission-driven, fast growing SaaS tech-startup based in New York and New Orleans. Resilia helps organizations increase capacity and enables enterprises (cities, private foundations and corporations) scale impact. Our one-time service helps nonprofits by “turbo taxing” the process of incorporating and applying for tax exemption. Our SaaS service is a subscription-based platform for existing nonprofits (SMBs) and our Enterprise platform serves larger customers. Visit us at Resilia.co to learn more.
We’re looking for a Chief Technology Officer that will report to the Chief Executive Officer. This CTO will be an experienced and entrepreneurial manager, who can play the role of a player-coach—setting product strategy and roadmaps, building and leading an engineering team, and setting the example with best-in-class capability and process. Experience at a rapidly growing startup, with cutting edge teams at a larger tech company, or building systems and technology for SaaS and Enterprise platforms is ideal.
- Drive technical, architectural, and organizational decisions, making sure we build a scalable, efficient, and maintainable
- Evolve the team roadmap, technology, and architecture, leading brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Evolve Resilia’s engineering through best practices, coding guidelines, and design documents, ensuring that the organization as a whole feels cutting-edge, top-notch, and is a great team to work
- Maintain a high bar for code quality through code reviews and helping the team think through edge
- Maintain the security of Resilia’s platform and ensure client data
- Optimize interactions between engineering and other functions, g product management, design, operations, marketing, sales, etc.
- Be a great player-coach by being able to get deep into code but also help engineers grow through
- Contribute to Resilia’s thought-leadership position through the creation of leading- edge technology
Experience / Skills
- High-performing engineer and technical wizard, with the know-how to correctly design complex and scalable systems
- 4+ years of software engineering management experience
- Experience leading a test-driven, development-minded, engineering team
- Proven record of using data to drive decision-making
- Experience with GitHub flow (and Gitflow Workflow)
- Experience with Git Versioning System
- Experience collaborating with or building a Quality Assurance (QA) process
- Experience developing SaaS solutions
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails development – we deploy to Heroku; experience with alternative deployment infrastructure is also welcome
- Experience/familiarity with nonprofits, foundations, government or corporate philanthropy a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college/university or successful completion of a full-stack coding bootcamp preferred
Skills / Attributes
- Possess an unwavering commitment to executing quality
- Be a strong leader and great communicator, with a welcoming and supportive
- Embody an action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management. Must be self-directed.
- Possess outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to simplify complex concepts into simple
- Possess attributes such as passion, humility, integrity, a positive attitude, and be mission-driven.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, with potential for equity stake in a fast-growing company. Access to excellent health benefits (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, retirement benefits, paid holidays off, unlimited vacation days, commuting reimbursement and office space in a bright and airy office building located in Midtown with access to various amenities).
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please use as email subject: “CTO NY: Your Last Name, First Name”. Please include in the cover letter your earliest available start date and desired salary for this position.