Product Manager – New York, NY
Work for a venture backed, fast growing SaaS tech-startup with tremendous upside. Featured in Fast Company, Forbes, PitchBook and Venture Beat.
We are a venture backed, mission-driven, fast growing SaaS tech-startup based in New York and New Orleans. Resilia helps organizations increase capacity and enables enterprises (cities, private foundations and corporations) scale impact. Our one-time service helps nonprofits by “turbo taxing” the process of incorporating and applying for tax exemption. Our SaaS service is a subscription-based platform for existing nonprofits (SMBs) and our Enterprise platform serves larger customers. Visit us at Resilia.co to learn more.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Product Manager will play a critical role acting as the link between product, development and customer feedback. A critical role in continuously iterating and improving on both the B2C and enterprise platforms, focusing on the “what” and leading the development teams to focus on the “how”, contributing to the product strategy for multiple markets and in developing and guiding our roadmap.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can hit the ground running and create processes from scratch, bring greater efficiency to our startup while keeping everything running smoothly through phases of growth and product development. In this role, you will partner with our Founder/CEO, Senior Engineer, and other team members, serving as a strategic thought partner in helping them tackle their highest priority strategic duties and deadlines.
On a day to day basis you will be gathering requirements, intel and a clear understanding of our varied customer base and their use of our product in their organization. You will work closely with our Senior Engineer and development teams to turn product concepts to reality, a varied role needing someone dynamic that can pivot effortlessly between talking to the market and key stakeholders to driving product execution within their delivery team. You will obsess over delivering great features and take full ownership from analysis all the way to ensuring market ready, never leaving customers and users out of the process.
- Work closely with the user feedback team to really understand user needs, their challenges and how it all fits within the overall product vision
- Oversee the execution of features from building the requirements to concept iteration, working closely with design and development to drive features
- You have a laser beam focus on ensuring a quality user experience and won’t take any chances on products going out the door without personally checking them against your requirements
- You realize a big part of ensuring customer success is training and enablement and will do what it takes to give a great handover to the customer success and sales teams
- You will build use cases and user stories around the product and communicate them effectively
Experience / Skills
- 6+ years experience in Product Management including defining requirements for feature releases, and producing wireframes and roadmaps for a B2B-focused product
- Skilled in gathering detailed requirements from different users, product requirement docs, user stories, process maps
- Background as a business analyst, product analyst, project manager in an early stage, fast-paced software environment
- Experience/familiarity with nonprofits, foundations, government or corporate philanthropy a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Engineering, Computer Science from four-year college or university preferred; M.B.A. a plus
Skills / Attributes
- Analytical and able to both define and utilize success metrics for features and to track performance
- Unwavering commitment to executing quality services
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills gives you the ability to simplify complex concepts into simple solutions
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, with potential for equity stake in a fast-growing company. Access to excellent health benefits (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, retirement benefits, paid holidays off, unlimited vacation days, commuting reimbursement and office space in a bright and airy office building located in Midtown with access to various amenities).
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please use as email subject: “Product Mgr NY: Your Last Name, First Name”. Please include in the cover letter your earliest available start date and desired salary for this position.